According to what has been made known, WhatsApp will delete your account if you do not accept data sharing with Facebook.
Facebook wants everything it can collect from its users' lives
The “main updates” concern the way the service processes user data, “how companies can use services hosted on Facebook to store and manage their WhatsApp chats” and “how we partner with Facebook to offer integrations among the Company's Facebook products “.
It's easy: either accept Facebook rules, or run out of WhatsApp
Soon, WhatsApp will start sharing its data with Facebook. If you do not accept, then you will no longer be able to use WhatsApp. Here the condition is, either you agree to share the data, or your WhatsApp account is closed.
Therefore, this condition of using the application with these rules is a complete turnaround that started when Facebook acquired the service in 2014. As you may remember, at the time, WhatsApp guaranteed users that your data would remain private and not be shared with Facebook.
Respect for your privacy is encoded in our DNA, and we developed WhatsApp around this goal of knowing as little as possible about you: You don't have to give us your name and we don't ask for your email address. We don't know your birthday. We don't know your address. We don't know your location. We don't know what you like, what you search on the internet, or even collect your GPS coordinates. None of this information has been collected by WhatsApp, and we have no plans to change this.
The declaration can be read the entire blog from the company.
Data shared with Facebook
According to what can be read in the new policies made available here, these are the reasons why WhatsApp will share data with Facebook:
- help improve infrastructure and supply systems;
- understand how our or your Services are used;
- promote security, protection and integrity within Facebook Business Products, for example, by protecting systems and combating spam, threats, abuse or illegal activities;
- improve your services and your user experiences, such as giving you suggestions (for example, from friends or group calls, or interesting content), personalizing features and content, helping you make purchases and transactions and showing offers relevant information and advertising within Facebook Companies Products;
- Provide integrations that allow you to connect your WhatsApp experiences with other Facebook Business Products. For example, by allowing you to connect to your Facebook Pay account to pay for articles on WhatsApp or by allowing you to chat with your friends on other Facebook Business Products, such as the Portal, by connecting to your WhatsApp account .
In short, they either accept the rules or, for those who refuse, they will no longer be able to use WhatsApp.