In this festive season, when thousands of people travel to spend Christmas and New Year with family members, GNR has a muscular operation underway.
In the face of this pandemic by COVID-19, GNR will also be aware of the legal requirements related to the state of emergency (restrictions on circulation and curfews).
Know what the GNR military will be aware of ...
The National Republican Guard (GNR) has the “Christmas and New Year 2020” campaign running until January 4th.
In this sense, GNR will intensify road patrolling throughout the national territory on the high traffic routes as a result of the possible displacement of people that may occur due to the festivities of this time of year.
GNR will be aware:
- Dangerous maneuvers;
- The correct signaling and execution of overtaking maneuvers, changing direction and giving way;
- The improper use of the mobile phone;
- No circulation on the right-most lane on main and complementary highways and routes;
- Incorrect or not using the seat belt and / or child restraint systems.
GNR also advises that:
- Adjust the speed to the weather conditions, the state of the road and the volume of road traffic;
- Keep calm in situations of high traffic intensity, which may require circulation at low speed;
- Avoid maneuvers that may result in embarrassment to traffic or contribute to the occurrence of accidents;
- Adopt attentive, cautious and defensive driving, so that this Christmas season and the start of the new year, are periods characterized by happiness and family unity, contributing to the reduction of road accident rates.
- In the current context of a pandemic, they must refrain from actions, attitudes and behaviors that may increase the spread of the COVID-19 virus, and must follow and ensure compliance with the guidelines of the General Health Directorate.
- Comply with the circulation rules resulting from the regulations approved under the current state of emergency.
- Maintain social distance.